Warranty, Refund and Return Policy
Warranty for products sold through Ozhotdeal.com.au
- All products sold through Ozhotdeal come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, and our Warranty Policy does not limit any rights and remedies a customer may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
- In addition to a customer’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law, Ozhotdeal offers a 12-month warranty on products sold through the Ozhotdeal which are found to be faulty or damaged, except (and subject to the Australian Consumer Law):
- if expressly stated otherwise on the product listing – please refer to the product listing for the express warranty period;
- in relation to accessories or bonus gifts (as noted as such in a product listing); or
- if the fault or damage is due to:
- normal wear and tear
- damage arising from improper assembly or modification of the product;
- damage arising from abnormal use or abuse of the product;
- damage, wear and tear as a result of improper or lack of maintenance and/or care of the product (e.g. of fabric, leather or timber); or
- damage to external product packaging only.
- We will assess each warranty claim on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the nature of the damage or fault, we may arrange to:
a/ send missing parts (if applicable);
b/ suggest a method of self-repair (if applicable).
c/ replace the product (subject to availability);
d/ offer an alternative product; or
e/ offer a partial or full credit voucher or refund.
Making a warranty claim for damaged goods or missing parts
- Warranty claims need to be sent via email email@example.com or Contact us
- The following should be included in the message:
- order number;
- the quantity of each product and/or part missing, faulty or damaged; and
- an image or video (of acceptable quality) of the product that clearly shows:
- All images and videos should be of acceptable quality that allows us to assess the claim – thumbnail images are not considered to be acceptable quality as we cannot make a clear assessment of alleged faults or damage.
- A customer should not dispose of items before contacting us, before a warranty claim has been made and finalised, as we may ask for items to be inspected. We reserve our rights, subject to the Australian Consumer Law, to not provide a credit, replacement or refund in cases where goods are disposed of by the customer before a warranty claim has been finalised.
- Please do not return the product to us unless instructed to do so. If we need the product returned, we will provide a return label for this purpose. Any postage cost incurred by the customer for return postage will not be refunded if it is found that there is no valid warranty claim and/or and the return label has not been provided.
- For missing parts, once we have received the necessary details, and validated the claim, we will issue the part to be dispatched to the customer as soon as practicable after we have confirmed the spare part is available for dispatch. Dispatch of spare parts from our warehouse can take up to two working days. If no spare part is available in a reasonable period, we will provide an alternative solution in-line with our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Any delivery delay should be reported by you to us within 30 working days from the date of dispatch. Any delivery delay will be investigated by our courier partner, which can take up to two working days . If we receive no update within two working days of notifying the partner, we will offer an appropriate remedy in accordance with the Australian Consumer Laws. For delivery time frames, please visit our shipping guide
Due to ongoing COVID restrictions in place in different states and unforeseen occurrence of natural disasters from time to time, delivery time frames can be affected. Your patience in such cases would be highly appreciated.
Refund, return and replacement procedure for damaged/faulty goods or missing parts
- If a customer is entitled to a refund, please send the request via our email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise if the product needs to be returned by the customer. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method. We cannot issue refunds to a different account or credit card to that used to place the relevant order.
- If a customer is entitled to a replacement or spare part, please send the request via our email email@example.com, and we will advise if the product needs to be returned by the customer. If a customer is entitled to a replacement product or spare part, but:
Change of mind (COM) refund requests
We do not accept change of mind refund requests for:
- health and safety products ;
- bulk purchases (including by pallet or pick up); or
- products that are opened ( product must be in unopened and in its original packaging).
We seek your kind understanding that if the customer can not provide photos for the defective/ faulty/missing parts, we can only accept the return as a “change-of-mind (COM)”
- We only accept change of mind within 14 days after the item is delivered. You as a reseller MUST notify us of the COM within these 14 days if not COM can be rejected.
- Please send an email including pictures or video of the condition of the product received and an explanation on why they would like to return product and if the item is eligible for return.
- For COM product must be in unopened and in its original packaging.
- Please do not return the product to us without our prior consultation – credit will not be given in this case.
- We prefer that returns due to change of mind are done so at the customers arrangement.
- If return label provided to you, we will refund the total order amount MINUS initial postage, return postage and restocking fee of 25%
- If return label NOT provided to you, we will refund the total order amount MINUS initial postage and restocking fee of 25%
- If customer changes their mind before item is received and require action of RTS (Return to Sender), we will refund the total order amount MINUS initial postage and restocking fee of 25%
- All items that are returned due to incorrect or incomplete delivery information will be treated as a Change of Mind returns including items Returned to Sender due to being unclaimed
- In the event of a recall, we will advise of the procedure.
Normally, if you change your mind, we'll give you a store credit. However, if you change your mind, we'll provide a refund to your original method of payment. Our Refund Guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to 'RETURNS'. Please note that some items are specifically excluded from all change of mind returns.
After an order, or part thereof, reaches the dispatch processing stage, cancellations or changes may not be possible. As we endeavour to send your order to you as soon as possible, which often will be within 24 hours.
Unfortunately we do not offer exchanges. Simply return your items in accordance with our returns policy and place a new order.
Last updated: 25 March 2022.